African & Middle Eastern Spice Tin
Hell Yeah—Championing indie designers since 2018.
We believe that cards shouldn’t end up in the bin the day after your birthday, cushions aren’t just for boring back support, and a good tote bag doesn’t need to be resigned to the bottom of the boot solely to save 5p.
Think the same? You’ve come to the right place. We want to help you find the creme de la creme of indie design.
We’re passionate about independent designers—they’re innovative, quirky trend-setters with an eye for great products—and have made it our mission to seek out the best small businesses about.
Meet our founder, Zoe.
I LOVE stationery, especially cards. In fact, you could say I’m a little obsessed. It was while working at a lovely home and giftware shop in Glasgow that I realised there were hardly any cards that showed my personality. So many cards used the same stock phrases, and although they looked fantastic, I couldn’t help but want a little more pizzaz.
I wanted my friends to enjoy the cards I gave and not just forget them on the mantlepiece. The idea for the first range of Zoe Brennan cards was born. Since 2012 Zoe Brennan Cards has grown and flourished but now it's time for a new adventure!
Hell Yeah was born from the desire to create a platform showcasing indie design. We champion indie designers and only sell work produced by small businesses. We specialise in stationery but also have an innovative range of homewares and accessories. My obsession with stationery and indie design has continually grown over the years and I'm proud to be able to share with you my 'indie finds'—here's to good design!
A perfect gift for someone who loves cooking - a beautifully presented spice tin, containing 9 high quality African and Middle Eastern spices and spice blends:
- Ras el Hanout - A deep, warming spice mix used throughout North Africa, combining cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, turmeric and cardamon. Perfect to give depth to tagines.
- Fenugreek - With hints of toasted maple, this adds both sweet and delicately bitter notes to stews and curries. Common throughout kitchens of the Middle East and North Africa.
- Baharat - A rich, earthy Middle Eastern Spice mix combining allspice, black peppercorns, cardamon, cassia, cloves, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and paprika. Great to rub into meat as a marinade, especially lamb and chicken.
- Berbere - One of the building blocks of Ethiopian Cuisine, combining dried red chilli, garlic, ginger, basil, cumin, nigella, caraway and fenugreek. Gives an amazing kick to stews and as a meat rub.
- Sumac - A beautifully tangy, vibrant spice with amazingly fresh citrus notes. Very versatile, can be used to garnish salads, hummus, or as a rub for meat and works brilliantly with fish.
- Za'atar - The King of Middle Eastern spice mixes. A fragrant combination of oregano, marjarom, sumac, salt and sesame seeds.
- Harissa - A fiery North African chilli mix with dried red chilli, garlic, coriander, paprika and caraway. Great mixed with olive oil to make dressings for salads and cous cous or as a marinade for meat.
- Pul Biber / Aleppo Pepper - Grown in Syria and Turkey, these dried chilli flakes add a hint of cherry like fruitiness to dressings and marinades. Mild heat, slight saltiness.
- Urfa Biber - A dried Turkish pepper with a deep raisin, smokey flavour. Fantastic to rub into lamb or sprinkle over hummus.
Each tin is presented in a handmade silk wrap made from silk sari material. *Please note that sari colour and pattern will vary from those shown in the photos.
- 19 cm spice tin with ribbed lid
- Handmade Silk Cover
- 7 separate removable spice pots
- Small metal spoon
- Outer lid to seal the tin
- All spices will come in its own individually packed and sealed bag to retain goodness and freshness, and avoid spillage during transit