Scribe & Grow
Bothy Ballad Grow Candle
Hell Yeah—Championing indie designers since 2018.
We believe that cards shouldn’t end up in the bin the day after your birthday, cushions aren’t just for boring back support, and a good tote bag doesn’t need to be resigned to the bottom of the boot solely to save 5p.
Think the same? You’ve come to the right place. We want to help you find the creme de la creme of indie design.
We’re passionate about independent designers—they’re innovative, quirky trend-setters with an eye for great products—and have made it our mission to seek out the best small businesses about.
Meet our founder, Zoe.
I LOVE stationery, especially cards. In fact, you could say I’m a little obsessed. It was while working at a lovely home and giftware shop in Glasgow that I realised there were hardly any cards that showed my personality. So many cards used the same stock phrases, and although they looked fantastic, I couldn’t help but want a little more pizzaz.
I wanted my friends to enjoy the cards I gave and not just forget them on the mantlepiece. The idea for the first range of Zoe Brennan cards was born. Since 2012 Zoe Brennan Cards has grown and flourished but now it's time for a new adventure!
Hell Yeah was born from the desire to create a platform showcasing indie design. We specialise in stationery but also have an innovative range of homewares and accessories. My obsession with stationery and indie design has continually grown over the years and I'm proud to be able to share with you my 'indie finds'—here's to good design!
A tinned candle that is inspired by Scotland's bothies - wee huts used as refuge in the mountains. Vanilla and smokey chocolate whiskey with a strong peat side.
Grow Candles are handmade on the Isle of Skye with eco soy wax. The label and insert are made from seed paper, packed full of bee-friendly seeds - Sweet Alyssum, Poppy, Baby’s Breath & Basil.
When the candle is gone, simply use the tin as a pot to grow your seeds in!
To make sure your seed paper has the best chance of turning into beautiful flowers:
- When your candle is done, give the tin a quick wash
- Tear paper up into small pieces & soak the paper in water or run under a tap.
- Place 1-2cm of stones at the bottom of the tin, top with soil and then your wet card. sprinkle a small amount of soil on top of the seed card.
- Keep the soil and paper moist in a warm and light environment, but not constantly wet.
- Once your small plants have grown, place pot outside or keep on a window that has lots of sun.
Ideally, plant February - July
* Please note that some of these candles have slightly dented or scuffed lids. They are being sold at 20% off the usual price.